IDL 11, 2019.
A finished master tape and even a complete cover layout for Les Éphémères was found in Viktor’s archives after he passed away in 2013. The phenomenal piece was originally commissioned by the French radio station France Musique in 1977. The twenty short ‘sound images’ of Les Éphémères were originally b roadcast as vignettes i n-between other radio programs. Working with Allo la Terre, the association in charge of the estate of Knud Viktor, we at Institute for Danish Sound Archaeology are thrilled to finally be able to release this central and evocative work.
– Transferred and re-mastered from the original master tape
– 180 gram deluxe black vinyl
– A closely reconstructed cover featuring Knud Viktor’s own photographic artwork
– 24-page booklet illustrated with Viktor’s own amazing photographic works
– Extensive essay on Viktor and his work by curator Magnus Kaslov